Distribution, Logistics & Wholesale covers a wide spectrum of occupations, which means that one product does not fit all.
Our experienced commercial team proactively keep up to date with the challenges faced by the industry and the complexities of conditions of carriage. As with any challenge, there is a risk of something not going to plan, which is where a comprehensive insurance solution plays its part in ensuring your business can keep moving forward.
– is a type of business insurance that can protect the possessions and equipment in your work premises. A typical business contents insurance policy will cover damage or loss to furniture, tools and equipment as a result of a fire, flood or theft.
– is a type of insurance that covers the loss of income that a business suffers after a disaster. The income loss covered may be due to disaster-related closing of the business facility or due to the rebuilding process after a disaster.
– is designed to protect your business against claims resulting from accidents or injuries that occur as result of your business activities, as well as accidental damage to property owned or controlled by someone else..
– provides protection against loss of money, stock or property sustained from the dishonest or fraudulent act of an employee. … Employee Dishonesty cover is an essential part of your business protection.
Some of the recommended covers we think you should also consider:
– also known as D&O insurance – covers the cost of compensation claims made against your business’s directors and key managers (officers) for alleged wrongful acts. Wrongful acts include: breach of trust. breach of duty.
– protects you against claims for loss or damage made by clients or third parties as a result of the impact of negligent services you provided or negligent advice you offered. Compensation claims can be brought against you even if you provided a service or offered advice for free.
– covers legal proceedings relating to your home, employment, death or personal injury. It can also cover cases where you’ve entered into a contract for the sale and supply of goods and services. These cover you for between £50,000 and £100,000.
– an insurance policy which provides and pays for the cost of an independent, expert loss adjuster, authorised by the FCA, to act on your behalf (as opposed to insurers) to help in the preparation, negotiation and settlement of claims. Mobi clients receive a level of cover with CEC
– a type of insurance that provides extra cover over that offered by the core (primary), public and products liability policy. As the level of court awards in liability cases businesses are looking for higher limits . Standard Employers £10,000,000 & Public Liability cover is £2,000,000 or £5,000,000, if you require more protection than this we can source this.
– covers expenses incurred from unexpected travel related incidents as well as emergency medical care. Depending on the plan, coverages may include emergency medical services, trip interruption, terrorism coverage, baggage loss, emergency medical evacuation, and more.
In the Transportation & Logistics Industry, non-compliance of the various laws and regulations can have some serious consequences. We make sure cover is in place should something go wrong, but ultimately, we don’t want to see anything go wrong in the first place.
This keeps it simple to manage your insurance, and usually offers a lower premium compared with individual insurance policies for each section of cover.
We believe that our customers deserve more when it comes to support in the event of a claim. Although the actual claim will be handled by the insurance company, we believe that it is important for you to have the correct advice, therefore we have partnered with CEC to provide expert loss adjuster assistance. Once notified of your claim, we will contact CEC Claims and within 24 hours of notification to them, a professionally qualified Loss Adjuster will be personally assigned to your claim.
Your Loss Adjuster will then provide you with practical advice to help you in attending on site to meet with your Insurers or their representatives, compiling, presenting, negotiating the claim and verifying your loss. Managing risks associated with any business situation from which a potential claim to your insurers may arise. Gathering evidence to defend liability claims against you successfully. Taking measures to secure and make your premises safe. Mitigating your loss and salvaging any undamaged items. Minimising any disruption to you or your business/home.
Alternative product options offering enhanced levels of support hours are available as an upgrade option. Please don’t hesitate to ask for details: Platinum (Unlimited hours service with a mandatory post loss fee payable).
Please note that we are unable to provide this cover in relation to Motor vehicle claims
Retail risks are generally premises which are open to the public and sell items in low quantities over the counter, Wholesale risks may sell the same products but this would be in large quantities (including to retail risks on a supplier basis) with no or low access to the public. They generally do not have a show room and is more a warehouse risk.
Every business should take out insurance to protect against any number of risks, from damage to property to injury to others. Without the right business insurance, your organisation could be financially liable to rectify damage or cover compensation and legal costs if someone gets hurt.
Our online quotation system will go through the questions but in the main all insurers ask very similar questions so try to have your existing insurance schedule and renewal notice available as this will give us the majority of the information that we will need. However, if you are a new business, don’t worry the questions are very self explanatory and we also have available our team of brokers to guide you through the process of understanding and identifying your insurance needs. .
If you’re running a business, the most likely answer is yes. Without public liability insurance you could be financially liable if your business activities accidentally cause harm to someone or damage their property.
You must get Employers’ Liability (EL) insurance as soon as you become an employer – your policy must cover you for at least £5 million and come from an authorised insurer. EL insurance will help you pay compensation if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of the work they do for you.
Traditionally arranging a combined insurance policy was a time consuming exercise for both client and broker, we are able to offer you alternatives that make the whole process a lot more efficient through our panel of insurers. As specialist independent business insurance broker we are ideally placed to help you with your business insurance requirements. Our on-line quote service for commercial insurance is a great place to start as this will guide you through the questions needed to provide a tailor insurance policy to meet your requirements. Alternatively, and this is one advantage of dealing with a specialist broker who has the system to deliver an on-line service, you can also call us to discuss your requirements and with our expertise we will be able to provide you with a range of alternatives. if you require a personal visit, this is also part of the service we offer should you require it.
Like all insurance the price you pay depends upon a variety or information provided to the insurer who can make assessment of the risk based on your details and the experience in that market sector. This whole process has improved greatly recently and we are now able to offer instant quotes on-line for a wide variety of businesses which makes pricing up your insurance programme much easier.